Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 145 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:30 pm
Member of the Week
The member of the week is animations3
Poll

What are your favourite multiplayer modes?

Borderlands Vote_lcap26%Borderlands Vote_rcap 26% [ 7 ]
Borderlands Vote_lcap4%Borderlands Vote_rcap 4% [ 1 ]
Borderlands Vote_lcap7%Borderlands Vote_rcap 7% [ 2 ]
Borderlands Vote_lcap0%Borderlands Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Borderlands Vote_lcap7%Borderlands Vote_rcap 7% [ 2 ]
Borderlands Vote_lcap19%Borderlands Vote_rcap 19% [ 5 ]
Borderlands Vote_lcap22%Borderlands Vote_rcap 22% [ 6 ]
Borderlands Vote_lcap15%Borderlands Vote_rcap 15% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 27

Borderlands

5 posters

:: Gaming :: Game Reviews

Go down

Borderlands Empty Borderlands

Post by T0x1x Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:36 am

///STORY\\\
-You basically are set on this planet in search of a mysterious place, ominously called "The Vault". Inside, there is supposed to be riches and alien technology galore. Problem is, many people consider the Vault to be myth. You are told otherwise by a mysterious woman whom hacks your display and sends you messages. The planet you are on is Pandora, which is mostly a wasteland filled with dangerous foes: animals, crazy humans, and the like. The terrain is mostly a dreary desert, with some scrap piles thrown in for good measure. Although this may sound very depressing, it's actually a great environment with the use of cel-shading.

///GAMEPLAY\\\
-This game uses the Unreal Engine, so if you've ever played Unreal Tournament or any other games that use the engine, you will know what it feels like. Of course, sensitivity and control scheme can be changed, but I was disappointed at the fact that you could not create a custom control scheme, you could only choose from 5 different ones; none of them the same as COD sadly...
-The ingenius gun creation system is also a huge draw in this game. The game creates guns with an in-game engine and will randomly put them in loot. Nothing is more fun than finding out your shotgun actually shoots rockets instead of buckshot. The number of available guns is estimated at 7,000,000; you don't have to worry about getting a repeat. Another great thing about the gameplay is that there is little to no bullet lag, and the only lag you'll encounter is on shotguns, which is realistic, especially with a spread shot.
-There are 4 classes you can choose from: Hunter (sniper), Beserker (fists, shotguns), Soldier (combat rifles, big guns), and Siren (sneaky and pistols). Once you choose a class, you are not stuck with the weapons that they are suited to, but can use whatever type of gun pleases you. Though, the skill tree often has bonuses available for the preferred gun types. Each class has a special power and a unique skill tree, in which you allot skill points for special bonuses and rewards. Special powers range from an invincible killing rage to a pet bird who kills your enemies. You level up by killing enemies and completing quests, thus earning you experience points. You get one skill point per level up and you have to choose carefully where you put it.

///ONLINE\\\
-Co-op is heavily touted in this game and it's true: playing with others makes the game 10 times more fun. Cooperation is a must and you get great amounts of experience while playing with others. There are some drawbacks though. Since you're online, there is bullet lag if you get a bad connection, leading to extreme frustration at times. I also wish loot sharing worked a bit better. If a guy picks up a gun that you wanted, you can't get it, unless you convince him to drop it for you, which is unlikely at best. Money is shared, so that's a plus. One more drawback is that all enemies become bullet sponges when playing online with others, especially with all 4 slots filled. Enemies that should have been a 10 bullet kill end up soaking up 100 of your bullets, leading to many an ammo shortage. That's where teamwork comes in. Without teamwork, you are a goner. That's a fact. Don't go online if you want to run off by yourself.

///GRAPHICS\\\
-Very cool art-style with the cel-shading, making it seem a bit more upbeat and not so hostile. But since the game loads such huge areas with so much detail, load times are long, especially the start-up. I have heard reports that this is going to be remedied by a patch, but we'll see how much that does when it comes out.

///OVERALL\\\
In the end, this is a sweet free-roaming game that any shooter/RPG fan should be rushing out to buy right now. The scarcity of friendlies, long load times, and bad loot system may throw people off, but they don't really detract much from the final game. I highly recommend this game, and it also has great replay value; a must in these present economic times.

FINAL SCORE: 8.6/10.0______ YOU NEED THIS GAME

Questions or comments about the game? Leave a post below and I'll try my best to answer your questions or concerns!
T0x1x
T0x1x
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Champion

Back to top Go down

Borderlands Empty Re: Borderlands

Post by JayProBii Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:46 am

Great review! You shall receive a new karma level for that!
JayProBii
JayProBii
General
General

Hero

http://au.gamespot.com/users/JayProBii/

Back to top Go down

Post by T0x1x Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:07 am

Thank you much sir! Hopefully many more reviews on the way! Very Happy
T0x1x
T0x1x
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mosin_Master Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:37 am

Hooray, this is a must buy for me on the pc. Getting it after the exams.
Mosin_Master
Mosin_Master
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Hero

http://au.gamespot.com/users/iliuminator/

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfujiv1 Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:16 pm

soo much detail, if we had a REP feature then i would be giving you some! really good review dude. Is one of the trophies to shoot a bullet from every gun by any chance Shocked lol.
mrfujiv1
mrfujiv1
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Hero

http://au.gamespot.com/users/Mr_Fujiv1/

Back to top Go down

Post by T0x1x Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:54 am

Haha, nope. Very Happy There were rumors of that though, haha. It's so fun finding guns and seeing the new stuff they do. It's a great game
T0x1x
T0x1x
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mosin_Master Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:41 am

Dont think shooting a bullet from every gun is possible, the creators of the game do not even know how many guns there are...go gearbox.
Mosin_Master
Mosin_Master
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Hero

http://au.gamespot.com/users/iliuminator/

Back to top Go down

Post by catseye626 Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:21 am

I wish Gearbox would hurry up with Alien:Colonial Marines, I've been waiting for ages. I miss alien shooters (as in proper FPS ones e.g Doom) =(
catseye626
catseye626
General
General

Hero

http://au.gamespot.com/users/catseye626/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down