Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 145 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:30 pm
Member of the Week
The member of the week is animations3
Poll

What are your favourite multiplayer modes?

Dawn of War II Vote_lcap26%Dawn of War II Vote_rcap 26% [ 7 ]
Dawn of War II Vote_lcap4%Dawn of War II Vote_rcap 4% [ 1 ]
Dawn of War II Vote_lcap7%Dawn of War II Vote_rcap 7% [ 2 ]
Dawn of War II Vote_lcap0%Dawn of War II Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Dawn of War II Vote_lcap7%Dawn of War II Vote_rcap 7% [ 2 ]
Dawn of War II Vote_lcap19%Dawn of War II Vote_rcap 19% [ 5 ]
Dawn of War II Vote_lcap22%Dawn of War II Vote_rcap 22% [ 6 ]
Dawn of War II Vote_lcap15%Dawn of War II Vote_rcap 15% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 27

Dawn of War II

3 posters

:: Gaming :: Game Reviews

Go down

Dawn of War II Empty Dawn of War II

Post by catseye626 Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:28 am

This is my review from GameSpot. I know it is absolute rubbish and isn't really a review but hey it got recommended by 7 out of 9 users Very Happy
Good:Better graphics than previous DOW games.
Tyranids are fun.
OK multiplayer though the match-up system is screwed up.
Cover!

Bad:Only 4 races.
Took away what made dawn of war so good.
Stupid music.
Units look and sound lame.(seriously)
Massive Lag. Thats all i can say.
Campaign is boring and repetitive.
Only a few maps and game modes released. Others will be released in paid DLC.

After the long and annoying installation of the game i finally got to play. The campaign seemed good at first presenting a practical and not-too-easy tutorial-a promising start! As i progressed through the game its true nature was revealed. The campaign was rubbish! The campaign was flawed, repetitive and too easy. Bosses were too repetitive in their moves and they presented no challenge thus ruining overall gameplay.
The engine was almost exactly like Company of Heroes, so it is like playing a futuristic version of Company of Heroes. Though yes, Relic also developed Company of Heroes, they have done nothing to improve or introduce anything to Dawn of War II with the exception of removing all your base building (not you main one though). It was a move to increase tactical play however this removed the feeling of the original Dawn of War. It took away the thing that made the originals so good. No more relocating or total dominance. Just your one building stuck in that one place for the whole game.

I decided to take a friend's advice and play multiplayer with him. Multiplayer was OK as it was more like the original DOW which i liked. The online maps were good though it was hard to find a stable Australian connection, so i had to always play with Daniel(who is annoying).
Edit:The Last Stand was a new multiplayer mode introduced. Gameplay is fun however there are serious lag issues (like really bad) again ruining gameplay. Besides the lag issues though it really is quite fun and can be addictive. Basically you can choose to play as 3 heroes-the Captain (Space Marines), Mek (Ork) and the Farseer (Eldar). You start off at Wave 1 (duh...) and your goal is to progress to Wave 20 whilst achieving the highest score you can through the use of multiplies. Multipliers are earned through killing enemies, capping posts and just staying alive. There is also a level up system. When you level up you earn better wargear to aid you. most players who have reached Wave 20 used the combination of all three heroes rather than a pure Captain team. It is a great free addition to DOWII though some issues remain.

Overall Opinion: All in all, i do not think DOWII is a worthy game to Relic's name due to the sheer brilliance they produced in COH, the original DOW and Homeworld. They will remain as one of the best RTS developers in history however it is sad to see them market a game like this.

Advice: My advice is to stick with more consistent RTS games like Company of Heroes (also made by Relic) or Empire:Total War.

Last edited by catseye626 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
catseye626
catseye626
General
General

Hero

http://au.gamespot.com/users/catseye626/

Back to top Go down

Dawn of War II Empty Re: Dawn of War II

Post by Tiny_plaid_ninjas Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:24 am

Hmm. Well, playing Dawn of War, i think they have overly shrunk it, and lost the big epic battle appeal of the original. This new dawn of war has a somewhat repetitive feel to it. If you do your homework, you'll find combat is actually pretty similar to Company of Heroes. Gameplay feels like dota, (except with slightly more dudes), and the rpg elements feel like diablo.
So, with that, i conclude that Dow 2 fails at being an epic battle rts, it fails at original squad based combat, and it fails at rpg. It's a conglomerate of better games, and all in all, isn't worth the 80 bucks. Go buy a better game, you stupid pansy!
5/10
Tiny_plaid_ninjas
Tiny_plaid_ninjas
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by catseye626 Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:14 am

Tiny_plaid_ninjas wrote:Hmm. Well, playing Dawn of War, i think they have overly shrunk it, and lost the big epic battle appeal of the original. This new dawn of war has a somewhat repetitive feel to it. If you do your homework, you'll find combat is actually pretty similar to Company of Heroes. Gameplay feels like dota, (except with slightly more dudes), and the rpg elements feel like diablo.
So, with that, i conclude that Dow 2 fails at being an epic battle rts, it fails at original squad based combat, and it fails at rpg. It's a conglomerate of better games, and all in all, isn't worth the 80 bucks. Go buy a better game, you stupid pansy!
5/10

+1 though there isnt really a karma system...
catseye626
catseye626
General
General

Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by purgertheevil Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:04 pm

shouldnt this topic linked with razor's topic review on dawn of war 2 , criticisting him.....
purgertheevil
purgertheevil
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Infamous

Back to top Go down

Post by catseye626 Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:41 am

No we've made that clear before
catseye626
catseye626
General
General

Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by purgertheevil Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 pm

Its like one is criticising dow 2 while the other is saying how pro dow 2 is. Using this, its one of the reasons why Catseye626 is the opposite of razordevil
purgertheevil
purgertheevil
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Infamous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down