Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 145 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:30 pm
Member of the Week
The member of the week is animations3
Poll

What are your favourite multiplayer modes?

Killzone 2 Vote_lcap26%Killzone 2 Vote_rcap 26% [ 7 ]
Killzone 2 Vote_lcap4%Killzone 2 Vote_rcap 4% [ 1 ]
Killzone 2 Vote_lcap7%Killzone 2 Vote_rcap 7% [ 2 ]
Killzone 2 Vote_lcap0%Killzone 2 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Killzone 2 Vote_lcap7%Killzone 2 Vote_rcap 7% [ 2 ]
Killzone 2 Vote_lcap19%Killzone 2 Vote_rcap 19% [ 5 ]
Killzone 2 Vote_lcap22%Killzone 2 Vote_rcap 22% [ 6 ]
Killzone 2 Vote_lcap15%Killzone 2 Vote_rcap 15% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 27

Killzone 2

4 posters

:: Gaming :: Game Reviews

Go down

Killzone 2 Empty Killzone 2

Post by animations3 Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:33 am

-Story-
The player wakes up in a room and looks in the mirror, only to see a man in military uniform looking back. The door bursts open and Garza steps in, and identifies the player as "Sev". The player takes on the role of Sergeant First Class Tomas "Sev" Sevchenko, and starts in the skies of Helghan in a ship. Garza leads Sev to the deployment ships, but if you listen to other people, you will hear that the ISA (your side) are planning an invasion on Helghan. Sev takes off from the mother ship and crash lands on the shores of Corinth river, and is immediately told to find cover.

-Gameplay-
The game utilises a "hide and peek" system, which allows the player to attach to cover and peek out whenever they want. There are many weapons to choose from, including the always-fun Electicity Gun and the Boltgun. The standard controls are different from Call of Duty controls, which may make few players annoyed, although the settings can be changed.

The Multiplayer is one of the best aspects of the game. It has a ranking system which allows you to unlock more weapons and abilities as you level up. You can only play in one of two teams, and each game consists of Body Count (team deathmatch), Assasination (2), Search and Destroy(2), Capture & Hold and Search & Retreive. A average game would last for about 30 minutes, so there's no such thing as a "bad game".

Personally, I think it would be better if they included a split screen mode and more weapons. That way it would be way more fun.

-Graphics-
The graphics are very good, although I was surprised that it wasn't actually full HD. The cutscenes were pretty realistic and convincing, as the black sky reminds you that you are at war. Visual effects such as explosions and gunfire are also quite noticeable, and it makes you think twice about running into them.

-Sound-
The sounds in-game are really hard to ignore, as there is practically gunfire for the whole game, save a few desert missions. The sounds constantly remind you of what is going on, and have certainly reminded me to stay under cover. Also, the Helghast (who sound British) have amusing remarks and one even sounds like Gaz (apparently)

-Final Comments and Rating-
Killzone 2 was one of the best games that I've played in a while, and was what got me back into FPS. I think that it would be appealing for any gamers who enjoy a bit of blood and guns, and certainly for all of you out there who play Call of Duty.

9.5/10

P.S. Yes, I copied Jay's format, but so what? It's awesome.
animations3
animations3
Major General
Major General

Neutral

Back to top Go down

Killzone 2 Empty Re: Killzone 2

Post by catseye626 Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:39 am

Great Review!
catseye626
catseye626
General
General

Hero

http://au.gamespot.com/users/catseye626/

Back to top Go down

Post by JayProBii Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:43 am

It's good to see people starting to review games!

Last edited by JayProBii on Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
JayProBii
JayProBii
General
General

Hero

http://au.gamespot.com/users/JayProBii/

Back to top Go down

Post by mrfujiv1 Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:38 pm

sweeet, nice review.
mrfujiv1