Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 145 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:30 pm
Member of the Week
The member of the week is animations3
Poll

What are your favourite multiplayer modes?

Halo 3: ODST Vote_lcap26%Halo 3: ODST Vote_rcap 26% [ 7 ]
Halo 3: ODST Vote_lcap4%Halo 3: ODST Vote_rcap 4% [ 1 ]
Halo 3: ODST Vote_lcap7%Halo 3: ODST Vote_rcap 7% [ 2 ]
Halo 3: ODST Vote_lcap0%Halo 3: ODST Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Halo 3: ODST Vote_lcap7%Halo 3: ODST Vote_rcap 7% [ 2 ]
Halo 3: ODST Vote_lcap19%Halo 3: ODST Vote_rcap 19% [ 5 ]
Halo 3: ODST Vote_lcap22%Halo 3: ODST Vote_rcap 22% [ 6 ]
Halo 3: ODST Vote_lcap15%Halo 3: ODST Vote_rcap 15% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 27

Halo 3: ODST

3 posters

:: Gaming :: Game Reviews

Go down

Halo 3: ODST Empty Halo 3: ODST

Post by Tiny_plaid_ninjas Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:09 pm

Before anyone asks, even though I'm a pc user, I spent the whole day playing odst at cousin's house to celebrate end of exams. So I know what I'm talking about. And I am also really unhappy with the lag and imprecision of the xbox console compared to the computer, but I'll try to give a fair review.
After all the marketing hype (or complete lack thereof) of the epic wait for ODST (orbital drop shock trooper) meant that nobody knew what to expect. After 8 years of all the other epic stuff in the halo series, one gets the impression its all done and over, but 5 hours later (sadly, it actually is that short), i put down the controller, my shell-shocked mind unable to comprehend its awesomeness.
The whole shebang takes place during the covenant invasion of new mombasa and everything before master chief's comeback in halo 3. Players assume the role of a noob in the super elite commandos under the command of a dodgy naval intelligence guy.
The crap hit the fan when the player finds themselves trapped on terra firma and isolated from your buddies.
While you're mostly the rookie, you play through the eyes of the whole team through basically playable cut-scenes (I wanna be the guy, I'm looking at you!) with epic soundtrack. However, It still maintains the good ole stuff from the other halos; ODST is still a true fps in its heart without stupid overly complex combat mechanics, but its awesome exploration, narrative and soundtrack push odst into another dimension of awesome.
I kinda regret dissing halo now.
8/10

Last edited by Tiny_plaid_ninjas on Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Tiny_plaid_ninjas
Tiny_plaid_ninjas
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Neutral

Back to top Go down

Halo 3: ODST Empty Re: Halo 3: ODST

Post by purgertheevil Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:03 pm

Halo odst is a different variation from the traditional halo games with master chief, and when you start playing you totally feel like ur are playing as an odst
purgertheevil
purgertheevil
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Infamous

Back to top Go down

Post by catseye626 Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:26 am

I found nothing really different in ODST. The energy shield has been replaced by "stamina" and you have a bit of health after you lose it, it is really like the original halo but obviously your HUD looks a lot cooler =D. The game is insanely short and easy but i really do like the whole concept and plot (flashbacks).

What is new in ODST though is the "Firefight" mode which like many games today is a mode where you fight off waves of enemies like in RTS games however FPS or TPS. Though i wouldn't call this "new" since it basically the same as Gears of War 2 (horde mode) and probably other games released earlier. But all in all i would give it a 7 because i like ODST's more than Master Chief since they are more badass.
catseye626
catseye626
General
General

Hero

http://au.gamespot.com/users/catseye626/

Back to top Go down

Post by purgertheevil Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:27 pm

True but the stamina replaces the energy shield but you act a lot more careful,when you start playing because you dont feel invincible.
purgertheevil
purgertheevil
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Infamous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down